Medical Care Provider is a 24 hour program designed to enable the participant to meet the requirements of STCW 95 Ch VI, Section A-VI/4-1 Table A-VI/4-1. Upon completion the participant will be able to demonstrate a higher level of competency to take action upon encountering an accident or medical emergency as required by the code.
• Immediate Action to be taken in an Emergency
• Maintaining a Healthy Environment Aboard Ship
• Body Structure and Function
• Administration of Medications
• Fractures and Dislocations
• Medical Advisory Services
• Toxicological Hazards Aboard Ship
• Medical Care of Rescued Persons
• Cardiac Arrest
• Spinal Injuries and Immobilization
• First Aid/CPR
• Medical Care Provider PIC- needs to be taken within 6 months
Any applicant who has successfully completed this course will satisfy: (1) Elementary First Aid training requirements of STCW, as amended 2010, Table A-VI/1-3; 46 CFR 11.302(a)(3); 46 CFR 12.602(a)(3); and the First Aid and CPR Training requirements of 46 CFR 11.201(i)(1); and (2) STCW Code Table A-VI/4-1; and (3) the competency requirements of 46 CFR 12.619(a)(2); and (4) the Medical First Aid Provider training requirements of 46 CFR 11.309(a)(4)(i); 46 CFR 11.317(a)(3)(i); 46 CFR 11.319 (a)(4)(i); 46 CFR 11.329 (a)(4)(i); 46 CFR 11.335(a)(3)(i); and 46 CFR 12.619(a)(1).
***NMI does not provide formal advice regarding USCG license eligibility and cannot guarantee an individual’s eligibility for any specific license or credential. NMI accepts no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or validity of general information provided. Information is provided purely as a courtesy, convenience and without cost. Individuals seeking confirmation of eligibility for any specific USCG license or credential must contact the USCG directly for an evaluation.
32 Washington Street | Fairhaven, Massachusetts 02719 USA | (508) 992-4025
1. NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE HAS NO EXISTING AGREEMENT WITH EMPLOYERS TO PROVIDE JOBS TO STUDENTS AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE EMPLOYMENT.
2. MANY OF THE JOB LISTINGS PROVIDED BY NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE ARE COMPILED FROM PUBLIC SOURCES. THE SCHOOL MAY ALSO RECEIVE DIRECT REQUESTS FROM EMPLOYERS OR REFERRALS FOR JOB LISTINGS FROM GRADUATES WORKING IN THE FIELD, INSTRUCTORS, STAFF MEMBERS, EXTERN PROVIDERS, ETC.
3.NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE IS AN OPEN ADMISSIONS SCHOOL AND ADMITS ALL STUDENTS WHO MEET THE ADMISSION CRITERIA AS SET FORTH IN THE CATALOG.
4. THE CERTIFICATE OR DEGREE YOU OBTAIN FROM NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE UPON GRADUATION IS NOT THE SAME AS LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT, WHICH MAY BE REQUIRED FOR SOME OCCUPATIONS, EMPLOYERS, OR STATES. THE COST OF ANY LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION OR THE COST OF ANY EXAMINATION FOR LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE TUITION COST OF THE PROGRAM AND IS ONLY INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL PROGRAM COST IF IT IS SPECIFICALLY ITEMIZED ON YOUR ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT.