Medical Care Provider PIC a 48 hour course to provide the participant with the knowledge and skills needed to meet the requirements of STCW 95 CH VI, Sect A-VI/4-2 Table A-VI/4-2. After successfully completing this program the participant will demonstrate competence to provide medical care to the sick and injured while they are on board and to participate in coordinated schemes for medical assistance to ships.
Topics are presented in greater detail with emphasis on decision making.
In order to be eligible for this program the participant must have completed a Provider level course within the previous 6 months.
• Basic Nursing Care
• Infectious and Tropical Diseases
• Dental Injuries
• ENT Care Childbirth and Women Health Issues
• Disease Prevention
• Wound Closure
• Basic Skills in IV and Injection of Medication
• First Aid/CPR
• Medical Care Provider
Any applicant who has completed your Medical Care Person In Charge (NOREMI-307) Course will satisfy:
1. STCW Code Table A-VI/4-2; and
2. The requirements of 46 CFR 12.621(a)(1) and (2) for an STCW endorsement as Person in Charge of
Medical Care; and
3. The Management of Medical Care training requirements of 46 CFR 11.305(a)(3)(ix);
11.307(a)(3)(ix); 11.311(a)(3)(vi); 11.313(a)(3)(vi); and 11.315(a)(3)(ii).
***NMI does not provide formal advice regarding USCG license eligibility and cannot guarantee an individual’s eligibility for any specific license or credential. NMI accepts no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or validity of general information provided. Information is provided purely as a courtesy, convenience and without cost. Individuals seeking confirmation of eligibility for any specific USCG license or credential must contact the USCG directly for an evaluation.
32 Washington Street | Fairhaven, Massachusetts 02719 USA | (508) 992-4025
1. NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE HAS NO EXISTING AGREEMENT WITH EMPLOYERS TO PROVIDE JOBS TO STUDENTS AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE EMPLOYMENT.
2. MANY OF THE JOB LISTINGS PROVIDED BY NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE ARE COMPILED FROM PUBLIC SOURCES. THE SCHOOL MAY ALSO RECEIVE DIRECT REQUESTS FROM EMPLOYERS OR REFERRALS FOR JOB LISTINGS FROM GRADUATES WORKING IN THE FIELD, INSTRUCTORS, STAFF MEMBERS, EXTERN PROVIDERS, ETC.
3.NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE IS AN OPEN ADMISSIONS SCHOOL AND ADMITS ALL STUDENTS WHO MEET THE ADMISSION CRITERIA AS SET FORTH IN THE CATALOG.
4. THE CERTIFICATE OR DEGREE YOU OBTAIN FROM NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE UPON GRADUATION IS NOT THE SAME AS LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT, WHICH MAY BE REQUIRED FOR SOME OCCUPATIONS, EMPLOYERS, OR STATES. THE COST OF ANY LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION OR THE COST OF ANY EXAMINATION FOR LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE TUITION COST OF THE PROGRAM AND IS ONLY INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL PROGRAM COST IF IT IS SPECIFICALLY ITEMIZED ON YOUR ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT.