Basic Safety Training (Blended)
* This course requires on-site assessments and examination after completion of the online portion per USCG approval guidelines, and will take 3 Days
This online program includes all of the required theory for Basic Safety Training including presentations, reference material, videos and quizzes in the subject areas of Basic Marine Firefighting, Elementary First Aid, Personal Survival Techniques, and Personal Safety & Social Responsibility and reduces the time required to be at school. An online completion receipt will be created upon successful completion of the online portion which will provide directions for scheduling your assessments and exams with Northeast Maritime Institute. USCG approval requires on-site assessments and exams.
• General Physical Fitness for Practical Demonstration
• Ability to swim
• Per U.S.C.G. requirements the final examination and assessments for this course may not be taken online and must be completed at Northeast Maritime Institute.
Click HERE for directions to the CT Fire Academy for the practical portion of the training.
Any applicant who has successfully completed your Basic Training (Blended) (NOREMI-874) course will satisfy: The Basic Training per STCW Code, as amended 2010 Section A-VI/1; AND, The Personal Survival Techniques per 46 CFR 11.302(a)(1) and 46 CFR 12.602(a) (1); AND, The Basic Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.201(h)(2) [BASIC Only] and 46 CFR 11.201(h)(3); AND, The Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.302(a)(2) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(2); AND, The Fire Fighting requirements per 46 CFR 13.201(c)(3), 13.301(c)(3), 13.401(d) and 13.501(c)(3) for any Tankerman endorsement; AND, The First Aid & CPR requirements per 46 CFR 11.201(i)(1) when applied for within one year of the date of training; AND, The Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities per 46 CFR 11.302(a)(4) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(4); AND, The practical assessments performed during this course have been determined to be equivalent of ALL of National Assessment Guidelines TASK s, as documented in NVIC 08-14 Guidelines on Qualifications for STCW Endorsements In Basic Training (Formerly Basic Safety Training). Applicants are not required to present completed record of assessment sheets when applying for the STCW endorsement.
***NMI does not provide formal advice regarding USCG license eligibility and cannot guarantee an individual’s eligibility for any specific license or credential. NMI accepts no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or validity of general information provided. Information is provided purely as a courtesy, convenience and without cost. Individuals seeking confirmation of eligibility for any specific USCG license or credential must contact the USCG directly for an evaluation.
32 Washington Street | Fairhaven, Massachusetts 02719 USA | (508) 992-4025
1. NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE HAS NO EXISTING AGREEMENT WITH EMPLOYERS TO PROVIDE JOBS TO STUDENTS AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE EMPLOYMENT.
2. MANY OF THE JOB LISTINGS PROVIDED BY NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE ARE COMPILED FROM PUBLIC SOURCES. THE SCHOOL MAY ALSO RECEIVE DIRECT REQUESTS FROM EMPLOYERS OR REFERRALS FOR JOB LISTINGS FROM GRADUATES WORKING IN THE FIELD, INSTRUCTORS, STAFF MEMBERS, EXTERN PROVIDERS, ETC.
3.NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE IS AN OPEN ADMISSIONS SCHOOL AND ADMITS ALL STUDENTS WHO MEET THE ADMISSION CRITERIA AS SET FORTH IN THE CATALOG.
4. THE CERTIFICATE OR DEGREE YOU OBTAIN FROM NORTHEAST MARITIME INSTITUTE UPON GRADUATION IS NOT THE SAME AS LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT, WHICH MAY BE REQUIRED FOR SOME OCCUPATIONS, EMPLOYERS, OR STATES. THE COST OF ANY LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION OR THE COST OF ANY EXAMINATION FOR LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE TUITION COST OF THE PROGRAM AND IS ONLY INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL PROGRAM COST IF IT IS SPECIFICALLY ITEMIZED ON YOUR ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT.